Beauty Shots: Standard vs Premium Photographer
An event photographer captures the event in its entirety and can produce good photos that document the event. On the other hand, a beauty image (premium) photographer creates another layer of content that has a more focused and unique approach to your event.
Beauty shots or hero shots are a set of images that capture unique moments and feature products or services in the event. These images are different from standard event photos taken as it has a more focused and creative approach. Beauty shots are conceptual and require a sophisticated workflow that results in high-quality images that you can use for prints, collaterals, and more.
In-depth workflow definition of a beauty shooter (premium photographer)
- Concept creation – themes to focus on and creative freedom during event/show days
- Current Content VS Content Objectives – Client shall provide current work samples (photos) and new content objectives, for us to create a baseline
- Moodboard – Creating a moodboard allows me to create visual references of what we want to achieve during the shoot and set a maximum # of deliverables to the client
- Briefing – Client should provide clear & precise briefing with tiered priorities that team would include in their daily schedules (for events & exhibitions)
- Shoot – Production of 50+ top images for a standard 8H full day shoot
- On-site Workflow – Images are captured only in RAW (better dynamic range & more creative flexibility / creative control for editing) with PRO-Level cameras and lenses
- Editing Workflow
- 3-4H high end RAW post production workflow with a large color calibrated Studio Monitor setup and a custom Lightroom editing console
- Organizing images by topics and a three step refining selection process
- Creative editing workflow with a custom designed console to accurately fine-tune edits and keep my creative vision in focus
- Delivery – Uploading of final images into dedicated online image gallery
For more use cases of our images, you can check out our beauty shots article here.